This report profiles the major players in the global food and drinks ingredients industry and the issues affecting their performance. Typically, two sets of material inputs go into the food and drinks manufacturing process: the first set consists of base commodities such as milk, sugar, food grains, vegetables and fruits; the second set consists of ingredients such as preservatives, emulsifiers, seasonings, and flavor enhancers. This report focuses on the engineered or derived ingredients added to products to improve taste, texture or appearance, or add functionality.
This report analyzes the global food and drinks ingredients industry in terms of market size (based on value), key drivers and resistors, industry trends, and competitive positioning of the major players. It includes profiles of the major companies in the industry and also involves a brief write-up on other key players. These were assessed on the following parameters:
• each company’s financial performance in the global food and drinks ingredients industry;
• each company’s growth strategies and major acquisitions and divestments in this industry;
• key partnerships and alliances formed by these companies;
• business-related strengths and weaknesses of these companies, and insights into the opportunities and threats facing the ingredients companies.
Key features of this report
• Market dynamics of the global food and drinks ingredients companies during the period 2008–13.
• Key market drivers and resistors.
• Trends of the global food and drinks ingredients market.
• Identification of the major players in the global food and drinks ingredients market.
• Performance of the major food and drinks ingredients companies during 2004–08.
Scope of this report
• Learn from the strategies of the top 10 food and drinks ingredients companies to target future growth markets effectively, avoid their mistakes, replicate their successes and learn of the threats they face.
• Benchmark your performance against the leading food and drinks ingredients companies by comprehending their strategies.
• Understand the major issues affecting the global food and drinks ingredients market.
• Predict the key growth areas in the global food and drinks ingredients market arising from the change in customer’s preferences and global recession.
Key Market Issues
• Increase in regulatory compliances: Stringent regulatory developments require health claims to be backed-up with sufficient evidence that will increase the cost of innovation and may restrict the scope of new product development.
• Climatic and social impact on food and drinks industry: The rise in input costs due to climate change and issues such as ethical procurement of cocoa from Ghana puts pressure on margins and the viability of such ingredients.
• Aging population: Low population growth rates and rapidly aging population in developed markets such as Japan is pressurizing food and drinks companies to direct their resources towards development of health-oriented ingredients.
• Rising health concerns such as obesity: Obesity has emerged as a serious public health challenge, particularly in developed regions such as the US and Europe, and food and drinks companies need to increase their focus on ingredients that facilitates weight management.
Key findings from this report
• The global market for food and drinks ingredients was valued at approximately $37bn in 2008. The value of global food and drinks ingredients market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.8% during 2008–13 to reach $42bn in 2013.
• Cargill, Kerry Group, CSM and Archer Daniels Midland are among the leading players of the global food and drinks ingredients market.
• Increasing health awareness and the concerns of an aging population will promote consumption of fortified products and shift investments towards the development of new ingredients with health benefits for consumers.
• Mounting pressure from governments and regulators to address food related health problems has opened up considerable opportunities for food and beverages companies. Most companies are seeking to address weight management issues by making healthier products such as fat and sugar replacers, and natural sweeteners.
Key questions answered
1. What was the market size of the global food and drinks ingredients market by value in 2008?
2. What was and will be the market size of the global food and drinks ingredients industry during 2008–13?
3. What are the trends in the global food and drinks ingredients industry?
4. Who are the major players in the market?
5. What are the growth strategies of the top 10 players in global food and drinks ingredients market?
6. What are the strengths of the major players in the global food and drinks ingredients industry?
7. What are the weaknesses of the top 10 players?
for more information,please visit: