The Top 10 Reasons You Should Ditch Coke For Good!
Copyright (c) 2011 Carl Mortimer
It’s easy, right?
You need a pick me up and a can of coke hits the spot. It tastes good aswell, right? You do realise that it’s ridiculously bad for you? A can of coke contains the equivalent of 13 teaspoons of sugar. You knew this though, that’s why you’ve gone for the diet coke, isn’t it?
Except the ‘diet’ version isn’t quite the healthier option. In fact, it can be just as bad, if not worse, than regular coke. How can this be, though? you look on the back of the can and it contains hardly any calories.
Just to set the record straight, here are the top 10 reasons you should kick the habit once and for all!
1. Your diet coke is full to the brim with Aspartame. Aspartame contains ethyl or wood alcohol and is considered to be a carcinogenic. It’s also been known to hinder fetal brain development. Not a good start!
2. Diet drinks are loaded with sodium. When sodium levels rise, there’s an imbalance between sodium and calcium. When this happens, calcium is pulled from your bones to correct the issue and then leads to your bones been weaker and brittle. Osteoporosis then rears it’s ugly head!
3. To make matters worse, diet drinks contain phosphorous, which again, leads to a loss of calcium from the bones. It’s not looking good for your bones is it?
4. Heavy consumption of diet drinks lead to diminished metabolization of iron, leading to poorer nerve impulse transmission. In english, that means more drinks, less productivity in anything, since you feel more fatigued.
5. When stored improperly, Aspartame turns into Methanol. Just sounds like a word but what if I told you it was a poisonous alcohol that was (maybe still is) considered to be a fuel source for motors? Might aswell drink petrol, if you like that kind of thing! Even when stored properly, 10% of the aspartame will enter the bloodstream as methanol.
6. Phosphoric acid can corrode your stomach lining and the liver. Ouch!
7. The sugar from one soft drink can weaken the white blood cells for upto 7 hours.
8. Overconsumption of coke, whether it be regular or diet, can higher your blood pressure significantly.
9. Ladies, consuming one coke a day, whether regular or diet, can lower your monthly chances of conceiveing by upto 50%. No jokes here, that’s pretty serious.
10. Guys, the plastic that the drinks are stored in can lead to increased fat retention, lower muscle mass, decrease libido, other sexual dysfunctions and you’re more likely to develop certain cancers. Why? Well, he plastic contains environmental estrogens that lowers testosterone levels. Estrogen is the opposite of testosterone, just like a woman is the opposite of a man.
That’s just a small list of reasons not to drink any coke! The problems caused with regular consumption of these drinks far outweight the benefit so I urge you to llok for other methods to pick yourself up or just drink something else. Could be as simple as snacking on blueberries to reduce sugar cravings. Drink plenty of water instead and you will find that you have more energy from that instead.
I hope you decide to cut out the poison in a can. It can only help you, right?
To your health, Carl
Carl is one of the top Personal Trainers in Leeds and has worked with many clients to improve their lifestyle and nutrition to improve their quality of life. Visit his website here for more fitness health and tips to improve your health and wellbeing! http://www.carlmortimer.com
Article from articlesbase.com
Related Coke Articles