Why Should You Come to Islay?
Isle of Islay off the south west coast of Scotland is well worth a visit, no matter what your interests. With regular and affordable flights to Islay, it’s not surprising that this island is becoming more popular and attracting more visitors.
1. There’s over 130 miles of coastline round Islay, os it’s ideal for walks along the beach and there’s plenty of scenery and wildlife for those people who enjoy being in the the great outdoors and getting away from it all.
2. The nature reserve at Loch Gruinart offers the opportunity to see lots of the wildlife that inhabits the island. Why not see what you can see, and what you can learn whilst you’re here?
3. As well as it’s coast and wildlife, Islay is well known for it’s whisky. The island produces Bruichladdich, Bowmore, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Caol Ila, Bunnahabhain and Ardbeg whiskies. If you’re a whisky drinker, then you’ll definitely want to book your flights to Islay and taste them for yourself.
4. The warm climate of Islay means that you’ll find palm trees and other more exotic trees, plants and flowers growing here..
5. Islay is popular with those who love outdoor sports. With excellent cycling, horse riding, golf, and canoeing facilities, you’ll find plenty to do to make the most of the your time on Islay.
6. If you want something less active, why not take a stroll and explores some of the local villages round here? You’ll discover amazing sights and get to know the region a bit better.
7. If you’re looking for a bit of cukture, what about going to the Islay Museum? You’ll find out lots about the island and the region. You definitely won’t want to miss the standing stones at Cultoon Balinaby and all over Islay.
8. No matter how long you’re staying here, or your budget, you’ll be able to find the perfect accommodation for your time here. Why not book your accommodation and flights to Islay now, and give yourself something to look forward to?
9. With lots of local produce, it’s not surprising that the local restaurants on Islay are able to create fantastic food. You really will be spoilt for choice when it comes to dining out.
10. Because there are lots of things to see and do on the island, Islay attracts many visitors for many different reasons. No matter whether you’re a keen bird watcher or cyclist, or just want to get away from the stress and strain of every day life, you really do need to visit Islay.
Now you know more about the island, perhaps now is the time to book flights to Islay and experience this incredible island for yourself.
If you’re coming to Islay, then why not book from the range of Islay Hotels available from the Highlands and Islands Airports when you book your Flights to Islay? With so many hotels to choose from, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Find out more, and book online at HIAL.co.uk today.
More Scotch Articles